North Shore CDC invests in neighborhoods to create thriving communities. We envision a North Shore where every neighborhood is one of choice and opportunity.
We use our community-focused development model to invest resources into low-income or distressed neighborhoods on the North Shore to improve the quality of life for residents. We are committed to the community through affordable housing, economic and youth development, community engagement, small business assistance, and public art + placemaking.
We serve over 1,000 individuals in more than 450 affordable apartments and over 3,000 individuals in our other programming.
We have installed over 80 Large Scale Murals in Salem and Gloucester, and have a rotating annual themed exhibition on Peabody Street in Salem highlighting local artists.
- We believe everyone deserves a place to call home.
- We believe in developing leaders of tomorrow.
- We believe community is best built from the ground up.
- We believe in focusing our real estate development on transformational opportunities which have a broad impact on the communities we serve.
- We believe environmental responsibility starts with us.