Are you interested in enrolling in YouthBuild North Shore CDC? Apply Today!
- Are you between the ages of 16 and 24?
- Do you live in Salem, Lynn or a surrounding North Shore community?
- Do you need your HiSET (GED) or high school diploma?
- Complete your high school diploma or get your HiSet (GED)
- Earn an income while enrolled in YouthBuild
- Learn job skills through construction
- Take part in leadership training
- Be an advocate for your community
- Earn nationally recognized credentials and certificates
- Become an AmeriCorps member and receive a $1500 educational award
Steps to Becoming a Member
- Contact us for questions or eligibility
- Submit YouthBuild informational form
- Complete the interview process and full application
- Get invited to and complete Mental Toughness
Mental Toughness is a two-week orientation where applicants are exposed to YouthBuild’s unique model, take part in intense training sessions like public speaking and conflict resolution, and are introduced to the world of post-secondary education. This period is key to setting the expectations for the year, building a relationship between students and staff, and creating a cohesive, safe, and supportive peer group.
YouthBuild is a program of North Shore Community Development Coalition, with grant funding provided by the U.S. Department of Labor, AmeriCorps, and MA DESE.